The Inked Stamper-An evening of classes!!!



REMEMBER IT IS NEVER OK TO COPY OR MAKE A REPRODUCTION OF SOMEONE ELSES WORK/CREATION UNLESS YOU HAVE ASKED FOR PERMISSION.
I do not give permission for reproduction or recreation of my artworks or creations. Thank you all for respecting this.

Monday, March 4, 2019

So I have decided to do a three part post of a product comparison. I’ve had people ask me about these three products. Although I have all three products, I have never just used them on a project! So the three products are: #1 Faber Castell gelatos. #2 Tim Holtz distress crayons. #3 Jane Davenport colorstick. All work well when I’m doing mixed media but let’s see how they hold up on there own!

PART ONE:

I sketched out one of my girls, then used my light board to replicate her two more times so I had three exact copies to paint with all three products. I used Canson XL watercolor paper cold press 140. Since they are water soluble I wanted to use them like watercolor to see what the result would be!

These weren’t too bad to work with on there own. If you are looking for a nice soft look then these will do that, they are quite translucent so it took a lot of layers to build up color. This leads to one of the problems. After so many layers the paper pills. I had to do tons of waiting and drying to achieve this look and the paper still pilled. I did not like that. I found that they were easily moved but wanted to gob up in areas. I found it was a lot of work to try and make them blend effortlessly. I could see where a beginner could become extremely frustrated with them! I did like the result though, very soft and pretty. If you are going to use them this way be VERY patient!


Faber Castell gelatos - start to finish in pictures








No comments:

Post a Comment