Wall Sugar Co. Design Team Challenge - 3 Piece Interchangable Wall Hanger
This challenge was all about Halloween and a three Piece Interchangeable Wall Hanger (http://wallsugar.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/3-piece-interchangable-wall-hanger) . As you can see below this is the bare piece i started with...
So for those of you who know me, know that this month was quite the challenge for me. You see although i love Halloween, i don't really scrapbook it. For some reason i find i get lost in all the patterns or i find the patterns childish, hence i can't seem to do anything Halloween-ish :) So i brought out my sketch book and a pack of Halloween paper (My Minds Eye - The Spiders Web) i had been hoarding for just the right project, and little did i know this project was going to be perfect for it.
As the end result, this is what i came up with...
I started by painting the outer edges of the wall hanger black, with just a plain black acrylic paint.
I then took MME-Toil and Trouble and used it as the striped base. Then took MME-Halloween Night and decided what part i wanted (in my case the tree) and cut and tore it to fit the left hand side of my project. Then poked open the holes for the wire.
NOTE: Even when a project has spacing, a continuous pattern can still be used to create a full picture look!
I next sanded all the edges nice and smooth and then ONLY inked the outside edge of the whole project.
TIP: If you take sand paper and wrap it around a pencil it is easier to sand the wire holes!
I used Distress Ink-Antique Linen to go around the outter edges of the project. I repeated this process several times until i got the desired effect i was looking for.
TIP: Ink is your friend, don't be afraid of it, use it!!! It inhances your project!!!
I used a Haunted House poem i found on the internet. I chose the font i liked and then i double spaced it and printed it on white AC (American Crafts) cardstock. Double spacing it made it easy to cut into strips for the project. All edges of the white were inked with Distress Ink-Antique Linen. The letters are done in three layers...1. White AC cardstock 2. MME-Witches Lace (orange) 3. MME-Witches Lace-backside (black)
I next took The moon cut out from the MME collection and inked it with Antique Linen. Next i took the chipboard fence (Riff Raff) and inked it with Distress Ink-Black Soot. The house is a printout on AC white cardstock, from an online coloring book, which has been cut out and inked with Antique Linen.
NOTE: In this photo i am just laying everything out to make sure i get everything where i want it before i glue it down!
Once everything was where i wanted it, i started gluing it down. The moon is only glued to the center piece and the haunted house is only glued to the bottom piece, this gives the project the freedom to move around without damaging your project. I used liquid glass.
I cut and inked the three little pumpkins from MME-Pumpkin Patch, and glued them on with liquid glass.
TIP: Using a good mix of different sized ribbons in a color scheme can add that extra flair to your project!
The poem i used reads...
There's a house upon the hilltop, We will not go inside,
For that is where the witches live, Where ghosts and goblins hide,
Tonight they have their party, All the lights are burning bright,
But oh we will not go inside, The haunted house tonight,
The demons there are whirling, And the spirits swirl about,
They sing their songs to Halloween, "Come join the fun," they shout,
But we do not want to go there, So we run with all our might,
And oh we will not go inside, The haunted house tonight.
Once again the completed project...
I hope you enjoyed viewing my project as much as i enjoyed creating it. If you would like to purchase this bare wall hanger to re-create my project, or to create your own beautiful project, then head on over to Wall Sugar Co. to get yours!
Thanks for stopping by :)