The Inked Stamper-An evening of classes!!!



UPCOMING EVENTS....


Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Mechanical Garden...

Wall Sugar Co. Design Team Challenge - Perfect Posies...


Let me start off by saying that this project is one of the reasons why I adore Wall Sugar product. The versatility of their product is virtually limitless!

This is what i started with...


So this month I was given the Perfect Posies set (http://wallsugar.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/perfect-posies ) as my design team challenge. I was thrilled to work on the perfect posies, they present so many different possibilities as a blank canvas, but this is my version of the Perfect Posies!

I used a variety of nuts/bolts and whatnots from the hardware store. I took heavy fencing wire and made a vine per say on the stems and used it to adhere the metal leaves. I stained the posies with Tim Holtz distress stain - broken china. I used a small gage wood doweling as the stems and stained them with Tim Holtz distress ink – forest moss. I covered a styrofoam ball in Tim Holtz tissue tape and stained it with forest moss distress ink, then hot glued the ball into place in the flower pot. I placed all the nuts, bolts and hardware in a jar and added Tim Holtz adirondack ink – pesto to stain them. They are adhered to the Styrofoam ball with liquid glass and I added old watch coils to look like small grassy vines. I adhered Graphic45 Kraft Refections paper and glued it to the posies to create the base and sanded them smooth and then stained them with the broken china. For the large posie I traced and cut two each of the three sizes of the perfect posies and stained them. This makes up the front and back of the large posie . Next I used the sizzix to cut two sets of the Tim Holtz tattered florals die and stained them, which makes up the front and back of the medium posie. I then cut four sets of the sizzix flower daisies #2 die, and stained them and that makes the front and back of the small posie. Then added a menagerie of gears, watch parts and what not to make up the centers of the flowers. In between the petals of the medium and large flowers I used Tim Holtz alterations gadget gears die and Tim Holtz aterations movers and shapers gears die and cut them out of black cardstock, I mixed black and silver embossing powder together to create a metal look. I then tucked the gears in between the petals and adhered them in place. I added a little snail that I crafted out of polymer clay. His shell is a nut and a die cut gear and old watch part gears with wire for antenna’s.  For the flower pot I used the sizzix top note die to cut a piece of grunge board and then used the Tim Holtz alterations texture fades embossing folder – steampunk and then used Tim Holtz distress ink black soot Tim Holtz distress ink broken china to achieve the color. I added the embossed gears in the same way that is mentioned above. I put in two eyelets and ran the ribbon through the eyelets and tied it off to one side. I next added the lettering. The black lettering is Thickers black shoe box and the sliver lettering is Thickers silver dear lizzy. I adhered the letters on with liquid glass for extra support.
Here are some additional photos...
Front








The Back...






I hope you enjoyed My Mechanical Garden as much as I enjoyed creating it!!!


Thanks for stopping by :)
Stepheny

















5 comments:

  1. OMG Steph this ROCKS OUT LOUD!!!!!!!! LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool idea! Awesome creativity! Dawn from the Inked Stamper sent me to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry in advance for the language....Fucking WICKED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and creative project, Stepheny! Love these mechanical flowers.

    ReplyDelete